Friday, February 26, 2010

sunset. it's time to go !

I was in Washington DC, watching the sun go down for the last time in 2009.

The one-in-three-minutes flights served to remind me what a long time it has been. Indeed, since leaving college, I do not remember having been stuck to one place for so long without travelling at all !
I realise I need to stretch out my wings. And make a New Year resolution to shake off this new-found "stability".

The sweet fact is, change comes on its own. You dont need resolutions for it.

Here's Johnny Cash with U2:

I went out walking
Through streets paved with gold
Lifted some stones
Saw the skin and bones
Of a city without a soul

I went out walking
Under an atomic sky
Where the ground won't turn
And the rain it burns
Like the tears when I said goodbye

Yeah I went with nothing
Nothing but the thought of you
I went wandering

2 comments:

Anuradha Sridhar said...

Copyright your photos!! Brilliant one, this!

gugun said...

:) thanks Anu for the encouragement.

I believe in open source ;)