Saturday, August 25, 2012

center of attraction






Yes, what you see there is dew.

Not rain.

It feels like a year since we have seen a good sunny day around here.. Days upon days of blinding curtain rain and steady-as-Dravid rain and looking as if it is certainly going to rain and a faint misty rain and - you get the drift. You name the type of rain and we have had it, and have had it again for a second, third and fourth helping. In a country which is reeling under drought, I bet there are a lot of exasperated people out there saying "Its not fair! Why, of all places, only in that little industrial town in the middle of nowhere ?"

I certainly echo the same sentiment.

So it feels really nice when little Johnny can go out and play, even if its for only one little morning.


3 comments:

Suman said...

All the dancing downpour aside, I love how you describe the rain.
And that Dravid imagery is just so befitting!

gugun said...

Suman: Question to the horticulturist in you: why do we call this flower "aainshiaa" ?? :-s always puzzled me, that one..

Suman said...

I'm glad, you think of me as a horticulturist! :-)
I think it's the unpleasant smell of this flower, something which makes it very un-flower like; I still remember plucking them as a child and being disappointed with the odor.